A brief discussion about common question asked about telemedicine. Like what is telemedicine, what is the difference between telehealth and telemedicine etc.
1. Consider therapy The COVID-19 pandemic has taken a toll on the mental health of people of all ages. Even though some countries have opened up, given high vaccination rates and low infection rates, there is still a looming crisis regarding people’s mental health. It should be understood that reaching out for help is fine. […]
1. Privacy and Security Issues Both patients and doctors are concerned about using and choosing a telemedicine platform, especially when it concerns whether their information will be stored securely in a HIPAA compliant environment. This has been a huge concern because as COVID cases surge across the world, virtual visits are continuing to be the […]
1. It’s not secure When it comes to patient information, it should be the highest priority to keep it secure, during both the storage of data and the actual consultation itself (video, audio, or chat). The patient’s health history, medication, and consultation summaries should be kept in an enterprise-level, secure space as part of a […]
1. Difficult User Interface One of the most important elements of a telemedicine platform is having a user interface that is as simple as possible, for both the patient and clinician end. The last thing a doctor or patient wants to do is get confused by the interface and get possibly even stuck while they […]
1. HD Audio/Video Calls It should go without saying that a telemedicine platform should have built-in audio and video calling. The patient and doctor should not have to go to a separate site or application to access the consultation, because this may cause confusion on both ends. The process of joining a call should be […]