People are increasingly concerned about their health in today’s hectic lifestyle, and they are looking for the best healthcare alternatives both online and offline. So, here is a platform for those seeking online healthcare services (telemedicine) which is based on cutting-edge technology that are in step with current trends.
Even if individuals have been using the telemedicine platform without reluctance, there are still some typical questions among those who wish to gain a comprehensive understanding of telemedicine. Here arise many questions about telemedicine like what is telemedicine, what is the role of telemedicine in healthcare, etc. Below are answers to some frequently asked questions about telemedicine.
1. What is the difference between telehealth and telemedicine?
“Tele” is a Greek word that means “distance,” while “mederi” is a Latin word that means “to heal.” So, the term telemedicine refers to the mental and physical healing of a person or patient via electronic communication (i.e., electronic distance communication between healthcare professionals and patients) and modern telehealth software that allows healthcare providers to effectively treat and diagnose patients.
There are no significant differences between telehealth and telemedicine.
Telehealth refers to a medium in which the provider and the patient communicate via telecommunications technology.
Telemedicine is the delivery of clinical care, therapies, and medications to patients by means of telecommunications technology.
2. What are some must-have telemedicine features and how do patients get access to them?
- Audio and video-enabled conferencing
- Consultation summary generation
- HIPAA compliant communication
- Remote scheduling and appointments
- Digital prescription or ePrescription
- Browser-based web application architecture
- 3rd party API integration capabilities
Prepare for the telemedicine revolution by selecting a software client that includes all of the characteristics outlined. It’s time to revamp your hospital’s healthcare delivery strategy and position it as a top destination for telemedicine providers.
Therefore, Patients can get access to these features with minimal requirements such as using internet-enabled smart devices, preferring the right telemedicine provider and being settled with the quit/well-lit room for better video/audio conferencing.
3. What are the common ailments and problems that can be diagnosed using telemedicine?
- Ear Infection (Otitis, Swimmers Ear)
- Alcohol Use Disorder
- STD Treatment
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Sore throat, Tonsillitis
- Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye)
- Seasonal Allergies
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Vaginal Yeast Infections
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- Bronchitis (no history of asthma)
- Upper Respiratory Infection
- Mild Wheezing
- Flu (Influenza)
- Poison Ivy /Poison Oak
- Contact Dermatitis
- Refill Medication
- Tooth Ache/ Tooth Infection
4. Is telemedicine as good as in-person healthcare? How its features help perform better?
Telemedicine is the use of phone, video, internet, and technology to provide health care, and it can be just as effective as in-person care when done correctly. However, when many patients and health-care providers begin to use telemedicine the first time, there will undoubtedly be a learning curve as individuals adjust to this new system.
So, how can a patient or a provider ensure that they are using telemedicine correctly? That depends on the technology available, the patient’s medical condition, and the risk of going to a health care office – or not going to one.
Read more about the telemedicine features
5. What is the best way to establish a telemedicine business? Is telemedicine a good investment besides patient care?
DrCare247 is a major telemedicine software provider, assisting hospitals and clinics in providing remote healthcare with confidence and reliability. We provide all the features mentioned in this article and many more.
Ready for the telemedicine revolution by selecting a right software provider? It’s time to revamp your hospital’s healthcare delivery strategy and position it as a top destination for health and wellness!
The healthcare industry has already started moving towards remote care to keep their customers satisfied in the years to come. As more companies invest in telemedicine platforms, patients will continue to benefit from these new digital services. Companies can get ahead of the competition by investing in these new platforms sooner rather than later.
Book a FREE demo of DrCare247 telemedicine software!