What is Covid-19?
Coronavirus or COVID-19 is a family of viruses that could cause a range of respiratory illness similar to cold and flu. First found in Wuhan, a city in China, in December 2019.
How does it spread?
The virus probably originated from an animal source but now it spread from person to person.
What are the symptoms?
As per CDC guidelines, symptoms shall start to show up from 14 days of exposure to virus.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Symptoms are:
- Shortness to breath
It could lead to severe respiratory problems, kidney failure or death.
When to see a doctor?
As per CDC, if you have suspicion on above mentioned symptoms, reach out to your Doctor or a healthcare provider immediately. In such cases, reaching out for a help through Telemedicine solution will highly helpful in early diagnosis to safeguard from this outbreak.
For more information on updated guidance from CDC, please refer the below link
Things you must do to minimize the risk
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects people frequently touch.
To Know more about the outbreak, precaution steps, travel guidance and health tips from WHO (World Health Organization) site
To know more about Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE , follow the link below
How we can help?
If you are a healthcare provider and looking to get started with a Telehealth platform to consult with patients for Coronavirus symptoms or prevention, we can get you started for free. Contact us for more information.